Location Particle に and で
To study this grammar point, please make sure you understand the following:
Location particle に is used with non-action verbs such as いる, ある or すむ (to exist, to be, to live).
Location particle で is used with action verbs to convey the place of action, as opposed to location of being.
Notice that unlike in or at in English, the use of に and で as location markers cannot be interchanged.
Related Grammar Points
- Particle も to Replace Topic or Subject Particle
- Direct Object Particle を and Indirect Object Particle に
- Directional Particle に and へ
- Particle と for Being Together
- Particle の for Possessiveness
- Particle か for Asking Yes-No Questions
- Particle を for a Route or a Point of Departure
- Particle や for Item Listing